You could've used ipfilter for Solaris....

-----Original Message-----
From: Sach Jobb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 5:43 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Re: Orion on Linux NOT as root

We just went through this about a week ago, check out the list
archives.  There are a number of work arounds, since you are using linux
you can use ipchains built in port forwarding to redirect port 80 to some
other non privilaged port (say 8080) and then start orion as a normal
user.

In my situation we weren't using linux (solaris), so we through money at
it... that always works.  ;)  We ended up using a cisco local director to
handle the port forwarding for us.

I'd also check the new documentation, we've discovered all kinds of
_really_ interesting things in there today.

sach

%s/windows/linux/g