Okay, this keeps coming up, so maybe someone can make it a FAQ and link to
the file I am attaching. Orion does have the ability to run as a native user
under Unix besides root. There are two things you need to do. You have to
get the file attached to this e-mail and read the README to install the
native library, and you need to add a property to the Orion startup such as
this:
java -Dnative.user=username orion.jar
The attached file comes with source so you can compile it on your platform
if a binary isn't included. I cannot remember where I got this file, but it
was linked from www.orionsupport.com a while back. I think it came from
www.orionserver.com somewhere. If someone knows, please post a link. The
authors appear to be Elias Mertensson and Rocky Burt.
------
Jason von Nieda
3Buddies.com

native_user_support.tar.gz