ALL,

(I just posted this as a "bug", but perhaps, it's
just a bad setting.)

Has anyone run into JSPs file-permissions issues
w/ UNIX?  Thanks.

Definition:
  ORIONDIR - The distribution directory that contains orion.jar, etc.
  DEPLOYMENTDIR - The deployment directory that holds the config,
application,
document root, application, application-deployment, etc.

Our goal is to divorce ORIONDIR from DEPLOYMENTDIR completely, to minimize
upgrade headaches.

  ORIONDIR is read-only
  DEPLOYMENTDIR is writeable for "root"

With this setup, start the server as "root":

  cd $ORIONDIR; java -jar orion.jar -config $DEPLOYMENTDIR/config/server.xml

This results in access errors when the server try to generate the
temporary .java files for .jsp pages.

We have to give write permission just to $ORIONDIR (not any of its
subdirectories) for the server to process JSPs correctly.  It seems that the
server is trying to generate the .java files directly in $ORIONDIR, and
ignoring any temporary-directory settings for <orion-web-app> in global-web-
application.xml

-vince

Vincent Chen

eRIDE