Frank,
I checked out your example but I am continuing to experience problems. Here
is what I have. I have included the script for my xml files below.

I have deployed an EJB called Team onto Orion. It sits in a EAR file which
within it has a Team.jar file. The JAR file contains the following:
Team.class -  ( remote interface )
TeamHome.class - ( home interface )
TeamEJB - ( EJB )
ejb-jar.xml - ( deployment descriptor )

I then created a team-client.jar which consists of the following:
TeamClient.class - ( client )
application-client.xml - ( client xml )

In my TeamClient I attempt to connect to the TeamEJB as follows:
Context ic  = new InitialContext();
Object  obj = ic.lookup( "TeamBean" );
_TeamHome   = ( TeamHome )PortableRemoteObject.narrow( obj,
TeamHome.class );

When I try to run the client I get the following message:
javax.naming.NamingException: Error reading application-client descriptor:
No location specified and no suitable instance of the type 'Team' found for
the ejb-ref TeamBean
        at
com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext
(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:672)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:250)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:226)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:182)
        at TeamRandomTrade.main(TeamRandomTrade.java, Compiled Code)

Can you or anyone please advise as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
-Danno

The ejb-jar.xml looks as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE ejb-jar PUBLIC '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise
JavaBeans 1.1//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/ejb-jar_1_1.dtd'>

<ejb-jar>
  <description>no description</description>
  <display-name>TeamEJB</display-name>
  <enterprise-beans>
    <entity>
      <description>no description</description>
      <display-name>TeamBean</display-name>
      <ejb-name>TeamBean</ejb-name>
      <home>TeamHome</home>
      <remote>Team</remote>
      <ejb-class>TeamEJB</ejb-class>
      <persistence-type>Bean</persistence-type>
      <prim-key-class>java.lang.Integer</prim-key-class>
      <reentrant>False</reentrant>
      <resource-ref>
 <description>A description for ResourceRefName</description>
 <res-ref-name>jdbc/SF</res-ref-name>
 <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
      </resource-ref>
    </entity>
  </enterprise-beans>
</ejb-jar>

My application-client.xml file looks as follows:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE application-client PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE
Application Client 1.2//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/application-client_1_2.dtd">
<application-client>
 <display-name>SportsFund</display-name>