At 15:41 06.10.00 , you wrote:
>In the new Orion documentation it says:
>
>"The server.xml file also contains references
>to the other configuration files.
>Specifically, in the server.xml you specify
>
>- Where the data-source configuration is located"
>
>Line 596 in http://www.orionserver.com/docs/index.html
>
>Is this correct?

no, it's outdated. as you have assumed data-sources are specified at the
application level (see dtd for orion-application.xml) + you have the option
to put the datasources you want to have "globally" in the
global-application.xml. so you have all the flexibility you need. the only
thing i would like to have additionally is the ability to map a "local"
datasource name to a "global" datasource so I'd have all the stuff related
to the local database installation in one place but still have the ability
to define application-local datasources.

>I can't find any references in the actual DTD or the tag description
>of server.xml that you can specify where to look for data sources.

see above

>More to the point: Can I have a local data-sources.xml for each
>enterprise application that I deploy?

see above

HTH,

robert

>/Magnus

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de