To all that have been helping me with this problem I want to thank you. I
have made progress due to your help. I have one more hurdle to overcome and
I am hoping that you can bear with me and continue your help. I have finally
got my application to connect to the application server. What I found out
thru this forum ( in particular Frank ) is that I needed and
orion-application-client.xml file to resolve the ejb. Thanks Frank.

Here is my current problem, my ejb has a remote and home interface called
Team and TeamHome respectively. My client.jar file contains the following:

TeamBean.class
application-client.xml
orion-application-client.xml

When I ran the main() I tried getting the reference to TeamHome and it told
me that it could not find the class file was not found. I then added the
TeamHome and Team class files into my jar file and I get the following
error:

java.rmi.RemoteException
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.bb.invokeMethod(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a2.invoke(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a3.invoke(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at __Proxy0.findByPrimaryKey(Unknown Source)
        at TeamRandomTrade.main(TeamRandomTrade.java, Compiled Code)

Does anybody have any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
-Danno