Hi,

The way you access the datasource is dependent on where will you access the
datasource from. I'm currently accessing the datasource from a servlet which
is pretty straightforward:

DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("jdbc/SQLServerDS");

The above method might not be portable but it works for me so I mention it.
Note that you don't need any special Orion datasource name. DataSource is
defined in javax.sql.*

The portable way which require more work is to add the following to your
web.xml if you access the datasource from servlets and/or JSP:

<context-param>
        <param-name>myDS</param-name>
        <param-value>jdbc/SQLServerDS</param-value>
</context-param>
<resource-ref>
<description>A data source</description>
        <res-ref-name>myDS</res-ref-name>
        <res-auth>CONTAINER</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

Now, you can access the datasource by:

DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/myDS");

--Deepak