Title: RE: Orion 1.3.8 and Servlets
Are core classes reloaded too? I have found that if I change & recompile utility classes used by a Servlet or JSP these are not updated....if they are already loaded. Servlets and JSPs are (development ="true"). What do you mean by a 'core class'?

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 6:59 PM
Subject: RE: Orion 1.3.8 and Servlets

Actually, in orion-web.xml (located in /orion/application-deployments/app_name/web_app_name/orion-web.xml) there is a setting for development..which you said. But also there is another option, called source-directory="/path/dir" and when development="true" every time you save the file, Orion will auto-reload your web-app for you (and I don't think it shows you this in its output window..but maybe it does). I have not been able to see this work, mostly because if ANY of your HttpSession objects do not implement Serializable, it wont' work for some reason. Our code is jacked up enough where we do not do it right. Anyways, Orion and Resin are the only two servlet engines (Orion being a full J2EE app server too) that auto-reload your entire app, even if you change code in a "core" class. Most app servers and servlet engines reload only servlets and/or JSPs/javabeans, not core classes, and so on. Just make sure when you deploy to production your turn development off ("false").  In the /docs folder, look at orion-web.xml.html..it will explain this to you.