Hi David,

You can do whatever you want, the hardware requiriments are not very big, and
on a development environment normally you won't have a lot of  users. You
could have the more powerful machine like a main server when all the
developments could be tested.

Another possibility is that you could have your development on Windows or
Linux and your test server on Solaris.