I believe you must use a Dependent Value class to get dependent objects ..
the idea with dependents is that they are tightly associated with an entity,
and the entity should use them and expose in it's own interface .. see the
ejb spec 9.3.1 on granularity, and dependent objects and value objects in
9.7.x

jd