-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rafael Alvarez
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2000 5:00 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Question about jndi and Datasources

Hi!
Is there a way to use orion as my connection manager, using jndi to
perform a lookup for a Datasource, from an stand-alone app (not a
client-app). I set up the following properties:

java.naming.factory.initial=com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextF
actory
 java.naming.provider.url=ormi://myhostname/
 java.naming.security.principal=username
 java.naming.security.credentials=password

 but when I try to set the initial context, I get the following:
javax.naming.NamingException: META-INF/application-client.xml resource not found
   at
com.evermind.server.ApplicationClientInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(JAX
)
   at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:668)
   at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:246)
   at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:222)
   at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:198)
   at com.enkamino.login.deploy.DeployLogin.<init>(DeployLogin.java:24)
   at com.enkamino.login.deploy.DeployLogin.main(DeployLogin.java:35)

Thanks in advance.

Rafael Alvarez