Hi..

Shouldn't the servlet container reset the response object before
handing over control to an error page (JSP)?

In a servlet:

request.getRequestDispatcher("include.jsp").include(request, response);
if (!ok) {
        throw new ServletException("not ok");
}

But when this exception is thrown and control is handled over to the
configured error page, the contents of include.jsp are getting written
out to the client before the error pages output.

I have made sure that the response hasn't been committed before the
control is handed over to the error page, which should make it possible
to reset the response object and handle it gracefully.

Markus

--

Markus Holmberg         |       Give me Unix or give me a typewriter.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      |       http://www.freebsd.org/