>Hmmm.....  I can find even less regarding 1.1 CMP.  I have the ORielly book
>as well as the Mastering EJB books.  The 2.0 spec is what I'm using because
>I would think (perhaps wrongly) that EJB 2.0 would maybe be easier and or
>offer more functionality???  Chapters 9 and 10 are over 100 pages which
>have to do with CMP.  The last thing I need to do is learn another query
>language which is what some of the 2.0 spec seemed to indicate I would need
>to do....
>
>I also understand points 1 and 2 above but they do not address my original
>question of the relative complexity between BMP and CMP.  Basically 1 and 2
>are irrelevant to me if I can not implement CMP and can not practically
>compare the relative complexity between the two because I just don't
>understand CMP so I will keep digging through examples and utilize the post
>that has been helpful that somebody posted earlier today :
>http://www.execpc.com/~gopalan/java/entity.html .

ok, if complexity is your main concern I wouldn't say cmp (at least 1.1) is
more complex than writing jdbc code to use bmp. of course you have to learn
something you don't know yet but I wouldn't accept that as a reason not to
use cmp. you would lose too much just to avoid a little spec-reading and
exploring orion's deployment files. it's definitely worth the effort.

are you working on a real life project or is this just playing around wit
the technology? if it's not the latter I would strongly reconsider using
ejb2.0 as that leaves not much room for changing the server if something
doesn't work with the one you're using. very risky decision if your project
is going life in the not so distant future.

my 2c

robert