From: Rafael Alvarez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Domingo, 13 de Agosto de 2000 13:59
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: The way to use EJB?

Hello!

This can sound a little off-topic, but is an interesting matter that
we have been discusing at work.

I'm currently working in two paralell projects. On one of them ( the
first one) we designed the tables and used JDBC, until we decided to
migrate to EJB 1.1. At that point we create one CMP EJB per table.
Later we had to create BMP EJB to manage some complex relationships.

The second project uses a lot of code from he first one, and the
persistence need is the same ( same data). At that time I start to
wonder that perhaps we were designing the wrong way.
It looks like we were designing Objects FROM Tables, and EJB is a way to
create tables FROM Objects. And most of the troubles of the first
project were because of that. I mean, we create objects tha
represented tables, rather than tables representing objects.

Any comments?

--
Best regards,
 Rafael                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]