Hello Esteban,

I posted the same question some months ago.
In this list there are several mails concerning the cache-strategy of
entity-beans in the orion-container - but unfortunately we never got answers
from the developer-team.

I found a way to flush the cache automatically.

You can use the class
        com.evermind.server.administration.ApplicationAdministrator
from orion.jar in the following way (application-client or session-bean):

import com.evermind.server.administration.*;
Context context = new InitialContext();
ApplicationAdministrator admin =
(ApplicationAdministrator)context.lookup("java:comp/Administrator");
admin.flushEJBCache("name of your entity-bean");

All beans will be flushed, it works fine.
But the virtual memory of the JVM don't change (WinNT, JDK 1.3, Orion
1.4.0).

Kind regards

Heinz Häußler
Eurocopter Deutschland GmbH