Last week I discovered the validateXML command line option and thought is
was great. The more I use it, though, I realize it's near useless. Here is
why. The two validating parser's that ship with Orion (Apache's xerces and
Sun's jaxp) validate the DTD as well as the xml file.

The problem is, it seems to find problems with the dtd's (some of which are
sun dtds and some of which are Orion dtds). Why are the dtds invalid? I have
no idea. What's more, these dtds are inside the orion.jar file. So fixing
them is a pain.

Please someone comment if they have found otherwise. Or if you have a
solution.

Thanks.

Dave Ford
Smart Soft - The Java Training Company