Hello

I had forgotten to mark some helper classes, which are sent from an EJB to
a JSP, as implementing Serializable.  I didn't notice any side-effects
when I was running Orion 1.3.something (the JSP and the EJB containers
being in the same JVM).  When I upgraded to 1.4.3 this morning, everything
broke ;)

Instead of throwing a "can't serialize" type exception, non-serializable
objects come back to the client as null with no warning.

Is that correct behaviour?  Makes it a bit tricky to debug ;)

In order to get an exception to happen (so I could figure out which object
was causing the problem by reading the message) I had to write the object
to an ObjectOutputStream before returning it.  The one that confused me
was a Comparator hiding inside a TreeSet...

--
Thomas Munro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 http://www.gi-technology.com/