Actually, no, you can't always do this, for two reasons.

First, on a Unix system, we the orion user the permission to write to
itself. This is a basic security procedure. As a xonsequence, autoupdate
won't work.

Second, although I may be able to do this, I may not want to. There is risk
in grabbing the newest experimental server and I'm not always willing to
accept that risk. If things are working for me and I have a tight deadline,
I prefer not to update unless there is a fix or an enhansement I need.
Therefore, I prefer to check the changes.txt file first.

Jim

--On Wednesday, November 08, 2000 5:17 PM +0100 Runar Svendsen