Hello,

I just field this in bugzilla.  However, I want to make sure I'm not
missing something really basic.  Here's the description:
---
I attempted this to work around bug 182 reported earlier.
I have a CMP entity bean with the following primkey mapping:
            <primkey-mapping>
                <cmp-field-mapping name="guid">
                    <properties>
                        <cmp-field-mapping
                            name="stringValue"
     persistence-name="guidValue" />
                    </properties>
                </cmp-field-mapping>
            </primkey-mapping>

GUID.getStringValue() and GUID.setStringValue(String ) are available.
Orion correctly creates the tables.  However, I get the following errors
during deployment:
Found 2 semantic errors compiling
"C:/dev/DiscussionItem_EntityBeanWrapper14.jav
a":

  1921.                                         if(object.stringValue ==
null) s
tatement.setNull(currentStatementPosition++, java.sql.Types.VARCHAR);
                                                   <---------------->
*** Error: No field named "stringValue" was found in type
"DiscussionItemBean_Pe
rsistenceManager31".

I guess the code is not respecting the properties tag and trying to
access the field directly.  Of course, there is no such field.  I can
not
even expose the field as the method pair get/setStringValue was
introduced
to workaround the previously reported bug :(  I tried this against
1.3.8, 1.4.0 and 1.4.4.

--
Vidur Dhanda
Active Solutions