Orion seems to have several issues with dependent
object; the worse being that DO->DO relationships
don't work.  While this sucks, Orion is still light
years ahead of BEA since they don't intend to support
dependent objects in the 6.0 beta.

The interim solution seems to be to make everything
an entity bean.  My question is this: what are the
issues with making all objects entity beans?  Speed
is the first thing that comes to mind, but I understand
the Orion optimizes same-server beans to pass-by-value
instead of by-reference.  Is this true?

Can anyone think of any other issues?

I'm probably going to re-design my app to use all
entity beans (with some simple EJB->DO relationships)
for the time being.

-tim