please don't worry about responding to this post.  i
figured out what my problem was.

artie

Quoting Arthur Copeland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I am trying to learn EJB 2.0 with orion and am having
> some problems getting a 1:1 dependant object to load.
> have traced it done to the dependant object, because
if
> i deploy the bean without the dependant object it
> deploys fine.  but when i try to deploy with the
> dependant object i get this exception:
> -----------
> Auto-deploying EmployeeEJB.jar (ejb-jar.xml had been
> touched since the previous deployment)...
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>       at

com.evermind.server.ejb.deployment.ContainerManagedField.equals(JAX)
>       at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:330)
>       at java.util.HashSet.add(HashSet.java:163)
>       at

java.util.AbstractCollection.addAll(AbstractCollection.java:317)
>       at java.util.HashSet.<init>(HashSet.java:86)
>       at
com.evermind.server.ejb.deployment.Dependent.zt(JAX)

  • EJB2.0 help Saphari.com - www.saphari.com
    • Saphari.com - www.saphari.com