AFAIK there should be no problem when multiple threads are sharing a single home
interface. But I not ever have threads sharing a single remote reference no
matter what. That is asking for trouble.

It is actually safest to have the threads just share a context and have the
thread lookup the home interface and grab an instance of the ejb. This may be
somewhat slower and more memory intensive.