Jarek Skreta wrote:

> This is a very interesting question. A lot of sources claim that the update
> of beans should be automatic. Otherwise how would you connect the
> application to any legacy database system which can be updated bypassing the
> beans.

It is indeed correct that Orion should update the beans automatically and it can
indeed do so, However this is costly therefore (I suppose) the orion team opted
to include this as an option and not as default. Not everyone uses a legacy
Database.

> We've just only started with Orion so I don't know the answer yet but will
> do some research.
>
> Also a kind request: could you tell us what needs to be done to connect
> Oracle to Orion (we run 8.1.5 on NT)?
> Many thanks,

To connect to Oracle you would need the oracle type4 jdbc drivers and create a
datasource in orion/config/data-sources.xml.

Sven

Sven E. van 't Veer
http://www.cachoeiro.net
Java Developer                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]