Does any one know of a foolproof way to close a connection? A standard perhaps?
To avoid this msg:
 DriverManagerConnectionPoolConnection not closed, check your code!

I have one suggestion but I'm not sure that it is correct.

        Connection conn = null;
        Statement stmt = null;

        try {

                conn = DB.getConnection();
                stmt = conn.createStatement();
                stmt.executeUpdate("delete from user where userid= "+userid);
        }catch (SQLException eExc) { eExc.printStackTrace();}
        finally {
                try {
                        stmt.close();
                        conn.close();
                }catch(SQLException sqlExc){exOcc = true; sqlExc.printStackTrace();}
        }