I am curious about one thing..how does a client hold information that
another client may need to access, for a long period of time? My
understanding of EJB, and in general access to resources via web apps is
that a client submits a form or hits a link that goes to the server. The
server does its thing as quickly as possible and returns a response. Even if
the user has accessed a bean and stored an HttpSession reference to it..does
that put a lock on the row in the database? I would believe using stateless
EJB bean would solve this problem..not sure about stateful.