Can you cast some votes on 215/216 in buzilla, it may help fix this bug
faster.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter van Rensburg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2000 10:21 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Cc: 'Karl Avedal' (E-mail)
Subject: RE: More than one InitialContext

Hi

I have noticed a similiar issue. We have two frontend corba servers
communicating with a virtual application server. Latter is two orion servers
behind two Foundry Layer4/7 switches running symmetric load balancing. When
one application server goes down the switches moves future connections to
the remaining server. The corba servers sets up the InitialContext everytime
it speaks to the application servers. Depending in which stage the
connection were, a NamingException is thrown or the communication continues
after a brief pause (during switch over). When the corba servers do receive
a NamingException, it will continue communicating with the remaining
application server but locks up inside the InitialContext constructor
moments after that. It would appear that this constructor sets up the actual
connection to the application server or keep the persistent connection open.
A NullPointerException as outlined in Greg's mail below, is thrown when
trying to close the context (aka connection).
Even using the undocumented optioned dedicated.connection="true" one still
cannot call the close() method on the context. Has this method been
implemented at all? Using this option however causes the VM to run out of
memory eventually.

Karl, Greg, has any progress been made here? Any ideas as to what exactly is
wrong here?

Regards,
Peter van Rensburg