Yes, it's possible:

  - Check section 10, "Mapping Requests to Servlets", in the Servlet 2.2
spec to see how you can write a servlet (or jsp) to handle all such requests.

  - Check section 5.4, "Request Path Elements", to see how to get what the
user asked for.

  - Check section 6.3, "Convenience Methods", for how to do the redirect
once you've decided where it should go.

Nick