                From:   Christian Sell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Tuesday, January 09, 2001 11:33 AM
                To:     Orion-Interest
                Subject:        Re: JSP syntax checker

                you dont have to package a .war and deploy it every time.
You can run the
                app directly from the development directory for example by
defining your own
                application in server.xml, like this:
                    <application name="blah" path="c:\wherever" />
                and referencing that app in default-web-site.xml, like:
                    <web-app application="blah" name="blah-web" root="/blah"
/>

                for syntax checking, my only advice would be to use jasper
(which is the JSP
                compiler of the tomcat servlet engine). It can be invoked
from the command
                line.