That's a pretty strange problem. Usually if there is something wrong with
the certificate the client browswer will let you know, otherwise you just
get that "you are about to enter a secure site" message. Which browser are
you using to test your site? If you are using ie, just letting your mouse
sit on top of the little lock icon will let you know what level it is
encrypted at.

One way to tell if it is working for sure is to get a line sniffer (ala
tcpdump). Just monitor the line and see if you can read the traffic as it
goes across, since that is exactly what you are trying to provent against.

cheers,
sach
%s/windows/linux/g