You guys should be aware that the internal Java interpreter and .class file
format is littered with 16 bit values to point to the various parts of the
.class file.

Two examples are the constant pool and the list of byte codes for a single
method.

The constant pool is pointed to by 16 bit values and contains in the same
list all constant strings, int's, doubles etc. as well as all method names.
I have had trouble in the past with generated code exceeding the constant
pool limit.

A single method cannot exceed 64K bytes.
I have also had problems with a single method in generated code exceeding
the 64K byte limit for a single method.

My guess is that the generated servlet from the JSP is exceeding the 64K
byte limit, and once compiled, causing the internally generated jmp op code
to have more than a 16 bit value.

Regards,

Rob Lapensee
Director of Technology