How can I re-create a session once the session
timeout has been reached and the server has
invalidated the session. I have a couple of pages that
require a session, but I need to timeout after five
minutes of inactivity. If the session has timed out, I
need to send the user back to a login page. The
problem is that if I call getSession(true) on the
request object I get the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Session was
invalidated
        at
com.evermind.server.http.EvermindHttpSession.invalidate(JAX)
        at
com.evermind.server.http.EvermindHttpSession.valueUnbound(JAX)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSessionImpl.putValue([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
        at
com.evermind.server.http.EvermindHttpServletRequest.getSession(JAX)
        at
/templates/test.jsp._jspService(/templates/test.jsp.java:17)
        at com.orionserver.http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.w5(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.JSPServlet.service(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.d1.si(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.d1.forward(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.ed.sp(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.http.ed.so(JAX)
        at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)

How do I force it to create a new session? Please
help, I need to resolve this as soon as possible.

Also if I specify a -1 for session timeout which
implies that the session never times out, when and how
does the memory for these session get released once
the client is no longer interacting with the site.

Thanks
Sergio