Title: RE: What determines the name of the table created?

Table names and column names, I believe, are vendor specific.
That is, they are not determined by the spec.  For orion, look
into the orion-ejb-jar.xml file.  There is plenty of information
in the docs and the email archives for configuring and deploying
this file.  It will allow you to change table names, column names,
and much more.

-tim