At 08:42 26.01.2001 , you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We planned to go on production state of our developpement under ORION, but
>we don't have a clue on multiprocessors (SMP) and Orion.
>
>If we run a X86 PC server with 2 XEON and sun's JVM 1.3 + Orion + NT or
>2000, is this will be enought to take advantage of SMP ???
>Maybe we need to run 2 JVMs and setup a "cluster like" config ???

no, you'll be ok. one of our prod systems (linux however) is exactly like
that and it does use both processors very well. since NT's threading is
even supposed to be better than linux's :( currently I don't see why you
shouldn't see the same.

HTH

robert

>If someone expirience this, just let us know.
>
>Thanks.
>
>PHiL.

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de