which one would be a viable option for a client base of 3000-4000 users?

can declaritive security be used in this fashion?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Steve Loftis
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 12:07 PM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: Secured Page?

There are two ways to handle this login solution: programatic and
declarative security.

With programatic security you could have your welcome.jsp check to see if a
user variable (such as a username) has been set on the session object for a
client, if it hasn't (i.e is null) then forward them to the login page.
(you could also stick the string welcome.jsp into the session as the referer
so you can redirect the login page back it after a successful login).

With declarative security you can specify which pages are secure in your
deployment descriptor for the application, and access to the pages, in
relation to security, will be handled at container rather than application
(as above) level.  check the orion reference docs for how to do this.

Hope this moves you in the right direction :)

Steve