Hello all,

I am having problems with the CGI handling functionality of orion, when
trying to include a site search (webinator from Thunderstone).

The problem is as follows:-

To get to the site search screen, you have to enter the url:
http://www.mysite.com/texis.cgi/webinator/search/

The above is a virtual path comprised of 2 parts ".../texis.cgi" is the cgi
program and "/webinator/search" is a parameter which is the path to the
search script relative to the web root.

I have the following tags in the global-web-application.xml document:
<servlet>
        <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>com.evermind.server.http.CGIServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/*.cgi</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

When the url http://www.mysite.com/texis.cgi is entered, the cgi program is
run correctly.

However when the remainder of the url is added (/webinator/search/), the
HTTP 404 - File not found message is produced. This is as if the cgi program
is not being detected.

Have I got a tag or something missing from the XML document, or is there a
problem with the CGIServlet?

If I try this under another web server, it works fine.

If anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated
Many thanks
Andy