Notice to Sender
================

This message was received by this installation but could not be
delivered to its intended cc:Mail recipient(s).

  Original subject: Re: VARCHAR values are always the length of the field

Intended recipient(s) who DID NOT receive this message:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The following cc:Mail error(s) were recorded:

  ***  Message recipient is unknown  ***

-------- Original Message Text --------
On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:

> But, how can I configure some Strings to VARCHAR(25) and others to
> VARCHAR(100) in the ejb-jar.xml???

Basically, you can't.

BUT: You can hand-create the appropriate tables with the appropriate
column types before deployment (or, depending on RDBMS capabilities, alter
them afterwards). As I understand it, the database schema mapping is only
really used during table autocreation.

//Mikko