From: "POSTMASTER" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Orion-Interest" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 11:07 AM
Subject: Unsent Message Returned to Sender

> Notice to Sender
> ================
>
> This message was received by this installation but could not be
> delivered to its intended cc:Mail recipient(s).
>
>   Original subject: RE: ms access & Orion?
>
> Intended recipient(s) who DID NOT receive this message:
>
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> The following cc:Mail error(s) were recorded:
>
>   ***  Message recipient is unknown  ***
>

> -------- Original Message Text --------
> If you use mysql, I think you need to compile the Berkeley engine first to
get transaction support.  Please query MySQL on this, if you need to use
transactions.  Their support and documentation is first class (are you
taking notes here Orion?  There is

>  a quiz next week).

hard time though i works sometimes
> Thanks to your advice I am going to try MySQl for the moment
> Respect
> what a Great e-mailing list
> faisal

originally developed by Borland, now open source.  I am using this product
in a commercial environment.  It is a bit unstable on Linux, but runs great
on Win2000.  This DB has a JDB

> C client.  This is a cross platform DB.
>
> 2.  SAP DB ( http://www.sap.com/solutions/technology/sapdb/
<http://www.sap.com/solutions/technology/sapdb/> ) - open sourced by SAP.  I
have not worked with this DB yet, but I will soon.  This DB also has a type
4 JDBC driver.  This is a cross-platform

>  DB.
>
> Both of these databases "appear" to be industrial strength :)

then it should be theoretically possible to have it work with Orion.   But
why would you want to do this?  A better solution would be to work with
something like Postgresql ( www.po

> stgresql.org <http://www.postgresql.orgom> ) or Mysql ( www.mysql.com
<http://www.mysql.com> ), if you don't have a commercial database (like
Oracle) available.