Then you are most likely (very likely) subscribed with a second address. What that
address is you have much better chance of knowing than we do, it is *impossible* for
us to unsubscribe people who dont even know themselves which address they're
subscribed with, so it is important when you join a list that you remember the exact
address you subscribed with. And even if it was possible we would not spend resources
on that kind of activity - this list is a 'self serving' list and it's important to
remember that.

Some common mistakes:
subscribing with [EMAIL PROTECTED] and then attempting to unsubscribe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
subscribing with [EMAIL PROTECTED] and then attempting to unsubscribe
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or vice versa.
subscribing with [EMAIL PROTECTED] and then attempting to unsubscribe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
or any combination of the above (there are other variants as well).

and enter the *address you used when you subscribed* (casing does not matter however)
and click unsubscribe. There is a quirk however; the message you receive will be
erronous (saying that you have subscribed) but dont worry, the action taken is still
correct (we'll try to fix this in the near future to avoid confusion).

Of course there could be a bug in the listserver causing your phenomena, it's just
unlikely (and we dont know of any such occurances so far) and it's a lot more common
for users to have subscribed with multiple addresses that they forgot about.

Side note; there's been a lot of inquiries regarding a digest version of the list; the
answer is that it's not possible right now. The best option is probably to unsubscribe
if you have problems with the quantity of mails and instead follow it via the archives
(external service, but linked at http://www.orionserver.com/ -> mailinglist).

Another thing is for posters to go through the usual "does this benefit the
subscribers of the list?" sanity check. For instance general J2EE technology
(including servlets/JSP, EJB etc) questions are often better off at the 'neutral'
***-interest lists hosts by Sun, as is general server comparisons/questions etc.
Meanwhile Orion-Interest is geared towards technical issues related to Orion usage
(and to view it from the other perspective: those questions should not pollute the
'neutral' interest forums since they belong here and not there). Lastly; be sure to
appreciate people who respond to your/others queries, and not to be annoyed if your
particular query - they're taking time helping you simply out of friendliness, and
that should be appreciated.

Hope it helps!

/Magnus Stenman, the Orion team