Hi,

We just had the same problems. The $ORION_HOME/xerces.jar version is old and
could not handle our need in XML parsing.
We have replaced this file by a new version and all is fine! We use Orion
1.4.4, old xerces.jar was 589 KO, and new one is 769 KO (don't know how to
check version...).

I know this is not a good solution, but Orion seems to give his own
CLASSPATH to the application he ran, so even if you had the new xerces.jar
in the CLASSPATH specified with LIB tag it'll be hidden by the Orion's one.

If some have idears on this subject...

PHiL

http://www.jdom.org which I
highly recommend.
The jdom.jar bundle comes with the latest (?)  xerces.jar which I also
copied
into /Orion/lib directory.
My standalone code worked fine, but after I placed it into servlet it did
throw
NoSuchMethodException complaining at some xerces code.
Apparently Orion's classloader uses xerces.jar from the Orion root directory
prior to the one placed in Orion/lib directory.
Everything works fine after I replaced the old xerces.jar in the Orion root
directory with the new one which came with jdom.jar bundle.

I don't like that hack because it's an alteration to Orion distribution and
hell
knows what side effects it may cause.
So, my question are :

Is there any way to force servlet in using certain library if there is some
naming conflict with the one in Orion root ?
Orion team, are you going to update xerces.jar in distribution ? Does it
involve
any licensing issue ?

Thanks
~boris