Mike,

Yes, I couldn't agree more.

On the subject of EJB timeouts, can anyone clear up something for me ?  The
following is documentation about the validity-timeout attribute of the
entity-deployment tag in orion-ejb.jar.xml ...

"The maximum amount of time (in millis) that an entity is valid in the cache
(before being reloaded). Useful for loosely coupled environments where rare
updates from legacy systems occur. This attribute is only valid when
exclusive-write-access="true" (the default)."

I take this to mean that EJBs will be refreshed every 'n' milliseconds.
However, this does not agree with the bit about 'rare updates'.  Also, I've
heard on this list opinions of what the attribute does which disagree with
my understanding, as follows ...

"a bean is removed only from the pool, if its timeout is reached, see the
'validity-timeout'"

"The first is a 'validity-timeout' set to milliseconds. This will passivate
the EJB if not active."

Does anybody agree that this is confusing, or am I missing something obvious
?

Thanks,
Tony.