Thank you,
Pey Yen.

I don't understand how it can work for you, especially without editing
jms.xml.
I can avoid creating new connection factories, but I can't avoid declaring
my destinations !!!

If I do NOT edit jms.xml , I get
Error looking up objects: Error reading application-client descriptor: No
location set for Topic resource jms/theTopic

If I add a location=jms/theTopic attribute to orion-application-client.xml I
get :
Error looking up objects: Error reading application-client descriptor: Error
creating context: jms/theTopic not found

regardless of the location attribute, if I add the jms/theTopic to jms.xml,
then the lookup works (as expected) but I get :
        at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeUTF(DataOutputStream.java:329)
        at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeUTF(DataOutputStream.java:306)
        at com.evermind.server.jms.ck.<init>(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.jms.b9.start(JAX)
        at JMSChat.run(JMSChat.java:61)
        at JMSChat.main(JMSChat.java:29)

So I maintain tha JMS does not work at all. I have tried to use weblogic and
my jms code works like a breeze.

cheers
Edo