Strangely enough, <jsp:include> always flushes the writer - i.e. the flush="false" is ignored. This is in the JSP 1.1 spec. Don't ask me why...

/Manne
-----Original Message-----
From: Vaskin Kissoyan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 28 February 2001 22:36
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: login security include file

I'm trying to do a response.sendRedirect() from an include file <jsp:include> and wanted to avoid doing a directive.include (preparser),

I keep getting "Response has already been committed, be sure not to write to the OutputStream or to trigger a commit due to any other action before calling this method."

I have been very careful as to put this include at the very top of the file, and to specify autoFlush=false and flush=false on the include tag.

Again, the intention of this include file would be to be place at the top of the jsp file to secure it by redirecting to a login page if credentials in a session based UserBean do not allow access to the page for some reason.

-Vaskin