Hi Randahl,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randahl Fink Isaksen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> XMLEscaper.escape(Book.getPreface()) for all the output you take from your
> beans and use to generate XML really sounds like a mess to me.
> While we are at it: If you just *have* to do this conversion, why not do
it
> when you put information into the beans rather than when you take it back

Well, we do need unescaped string properties in the beans to do the business
logic right. If a companies name is "Smith & Wesson" it is not "Smith &amp;
Wesson". Think that somebody is searching for this company in an EJB-client.

As a general note, the entire problem belongs to the topic of "Java object
<-> XML mapping". This is much researched right now with no de-facto
standard I know of yet. There is a SUN community process for this topic.
Until then, I suggest at least JDOM should handle Java Strings internally.

Bye,
Falk