Greg,

I guess the first question is why are you trying to do this? The web-site is
associated with a distinct web site. If you have multiple applications you want under
the same web site, ie www.blah.com, then you just make multiple applications in the
web-site file that points its host to www.blah.com. If you want 2 distinct websites,
ie www.foo.com and www.bar.com, then you make 2 separate web-site.xml files and point
the host of each one to these separate URLs.

Jeff Hubbach