From: Yves Bossel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 6:18 AM
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: RE: How to set orion to perform a timely task..

Could you explain me the servlet solution with a Timer, please ?

The point that I do not undestand is following:

On one hand, the servlet cannot stay loaded forever, probably the server will detect and unload unused servlets.
On the other hand, in order to activate a servlet, the server has to receive an HTTP request to the tcp/ip port that server is listening to, therefore the Timer should implemente a tcp/ip socket.

So, how can I wake up my servlet without having to write a socket ?

Thanks for explanations,

Yves Bossel