basically, cookies are URL spec (as per the spec, check it out in Netscape
Central) URL dependant; if you send a cookie for a URL http://www.yahoo.com
then that cookie is valid for that URL only; that cookie won't show up for
URL https://www.yahoo.com (note the different protocol, https, instead of
http); there's a way to make a cookie public for all URL's, but of course,
that might compromise security; that's what orion does when you set
'shared="true"'.

A good log would surely help (may I suggest log4j,
http://jakarta.apache.org)

HTH

JP