You can put fragments of orion-ejb-jar.xml in your deployment package.
It should go in a directory called "orion" sibling to META-INF.  Check
the list archives for more details.

FYI, you can do the same thing with orion-application.xml, but it goes
in the ear's META-INF directory.  Very useful.

Good luck,
Jeff