I posted this msg this morning, but I haven't seen it appear on the list
yet. I'm reposting in case it was lost ...

Session beans (SBs) must have their remove() methods called in order to
"clean up" and return to an app server's object pool. I believe one common
use of SBs is to create them and then bind them to HTTP sessions so that
they can be reused by clients on subsequent requests.

There's no standard way to tell when an HTTP session expires. How, then, is
it possible for the remove() method to be called to release a SB? Does this
not cause
"memory leaks" to occur in two ways: 1) resources created by the SB are not
released, and 2) the SB itself is not recycled?