We are developing a web application that contains a small part that requires
SSL.

Its a fairly decent sized site (1000 files) and I was wondering how best to
go about isolating the parts of the web app that require SSL.

I have had a trawl through the archives and this seems to be a fairly common
request but I havent as yet found an answer.

Basically what I would like to do is
- be able to share sessions between the secure and non-secure parts of the
web-app(s)
- be able to 'seamlessly' allow the user to navigate through the secure and
non-secure parts of the app
- be able to specify in some declarative way using some sort of URL pattern
what parts of the web app require SSL. For example, I dont ever want to have
to manually specify 'https' or 'http' in a hyperlink on a page, sendRedirect
or forward(). This is especially important because different clients may
want different portions of the web app secured.

Thanks
Matt