> 1) This article starts off with the statement "A user is an entity".
> Does this mean you need to have already created a user entitybean?

No. Perhaps using the word entity was incorrect. By entity, I mean the old
fashioned definition of an entity, one that has nothing to do with EJBs!

> 2) If a preexisting user entitybean is not necessary, does the xml
> described behave like a CMP entitybean and auto-create a users and
> user_groups tables?

You can use the UserManager to create new users, but your tables will NOT
be created. The DataSourceUserManager is used if you already have a schema
in place, and have no use/need for EJBs, but want to have your
authentication to be done against the database.

> 3) When discussing the application.xml file, does this refer
> to /orion/config/application.xml, or an application specific version
> of this file?
>
>From memory, this always refers to the application specific
application.xml. Generally making changes to orion's global settings is
something I like to avoid. Applications should be as self-contained as
possible, and the only information that would go into config/ is the
application deployment in server.xml, and the webapp mapping in
global-web-site.xml

Hani Suleiman